At a depth of 193m, mineral water with a high level of naturally dissolved iodine was found. First analysis were made in 1898 in Budapest and the water was established as highly healing. It was used for both: drinking and for therapeutical purposes. The resulting residues of Pannonian sea, the mineral water contains 4 times more iodine and bicarbonate rather than sea water.
Even then it is proved that a permanent bathing in the mineral water has a beneficial effect on the body, both children and adults (eases ailments of the respiratory tract and soothing acts on asthma, providing better sleep, is effective in the treatment of various forms of depression, cleanses the skin and gives it elasticity and shine and frees the body of toxins).
MINAQUA was known as “Franz Joseph’s water”. It was awarded Grand Prix Prizes in Rome, Paris and London for its remarkable quality. After World War 2 it became known as “Mineral water of Novi Sad”.
A new modern factory for bottling and exploitation was built, and the water was renamed into its present name “MINAQUA”.
The factory was privatized and Minaqua became a joint-stock company with about 100 stockholders. The majority stockholder is the Bogicevic family. Branislav Bogicevic becomes the head of the company and thus begins the expansion of MINAQUA that continues until today.